Saturday, September 5, 2009

Moving in Circles


This past week has been tough emotionally. My confidence and self-esteem are low which makes taking criticism next to impossible. Successes are just not good enough and mistakes are total failures. Even though I feel like I'm moving in circles I know this is all part of going forward and leaving the past behind. On the upside, the week's experiences have helped see where I need improvement:

1. 80% on a quiz is not bad especially when you haven't read the material (note to self: read material)

2. Obedience from your horse while riding does not equal obedience when you are not riding (note to self: get help before things get worse and all of John's training is ruined and Kid is a monster)

That feels better.

Bonnie Claire sent me some new pictures of Rupert. He just moved out to the new barn where there is plenty of lovely forage. He still has lots of weight to put on but it will happen. His big Quarter Horse butt will be back before we know it. I miss him so much.

This afternoon I will go see Kid and get me some sweet horsey kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment