Saturday, August 29, 2009

I have a horse - now what?

Outside of my two lessons a week, I want to try to see Kid on the weekends and leave Monday and Thursday for Pilates and additional study time. I went last night and tonight but it is so hard to be there and not ride him. I want John's okay before riding out on my own just to be on the safe side but it can't come too soon.

Kid had already eaten by the time I got there so I tracked him down on the north side of the barn and put his halter on. We went for a nice walk around the pasture and again, worked on stopping and starting on my direction. He wanted to go back to the barn but I didn't so we kept on. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, nothing like the end of August should be in Texas. Upper 80's with a north wind is Nirvana.

Tomorrow, I'm going to put his tack on and take pictures. I really haven't got to see how his lovely orange saddle blanket looks on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment