Monday, August 24, 2009

Spurs


I finally got a pair of bumper spurs and some spur straps that were somewhat toned down. Most straps have studs, conchos, hair, or bling of some sort which is not quite me. Tomorrow I will get to wear them at my lesson - weeeee! I hope they will help Kid pick up the pace without causing pain.

I went to see him at dinner time today. Now that school is starting, it will be hard to go out there every day. I like that his stall time in the evening is from 5 - 6 so I can at least see him for a few minutes before he goes back to the pasture.

After he ate, I put his halter on him and we walked around the outside of the barn for about 20 minutes. It seemed like time well spent since we practiced stopping when I stop and going when I go. I know he has already been trained so really what we are doing is getting used to each other and establishing respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment