Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kid is afraid of the round pen

I rode Kid in the round pen this afternoon for about 15 minutes. He has always been afraid of certain area/objects surrounding/in the pen including trailers, buckets, woods and pylons. I was able to keep him moving in the directions I wanted despite a big, sideways jump/spook as we passed a white 2-horse trailer. I lost my right stirrup but stayed in the saddle with no problem.

We actually trotted a bit which has made the tailbone hurt a bit, but that is getting better as time passes. His ears were in constant motion most of the ride which meant I was on constant alert for the spooks. I still felt relaxed but would have been interested to see if I looked relaxed.

Trail ride is planned for Sunday afternoon and I can't wait. This will be the longest ride since I started riding again after the fall. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. You know how scary those trailers can be! Take it easy on Sunday. It's okay to cut it short, if you need. Remember, sing so you can breath.

    ReplyDelete