Sunday, March 18, 2012

In like a Lion...

March has proven to be very windy and somewhat wet so far here in North Texas. It was supposed to rain every day this week so I didn't plan to ride. Guess what? No rain. Steven and I went out around 11:00 today to feed Kid and Rupert and ended up have a spa day with the horses. Rupert especially, had weird, funky yak hair but most of it is now blowing in the wind. They both look a lot better and their hooves look great too.

Rain is predicted again for most of the coming week which is fine since we really need the hay to grow so we can buy locally and maybe bring the prices down. Sometime this week I must make a trip to the feed store for feed, timothy pellets, beet pulp, and hay. I don't want the hay to get rained on so must plan my trip around the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment