Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Heart is Breaking

In the last month or so, Kid has changed. He charges me when I try to catch him, he pins his ears back, he tries to cow kick, and yesterday, he bit my chest (no damage done). My beautiful horse who now rides like a dream, is getting dangerous on the ground. I don't know what I have done to cause this and I'm afraid of him now. John thinks it comes from giving him treats which I have done on an occasional basis. I'm sure he is right to some extent but I also think something is wrong with Kid. I think he looks like he is in pain. His face looks pinched most of the time, even when he sleeps.

Yesterday, I bought a stud chain to work with him and it seemed to help but I'm afraid to get him out of his stall to work with him. I don't know what to do. The vet is coming on Monday and I'll get him to take blood and really give Kid a thorough exam.

We shall see what Monday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment