Monday, October 12, 2009

My Sweet Horse Baby



I got to the barn after 6:00 today and the horses had already been put out in the pasture. Since it was mucky out, I wasn't going to track Kid down but thought I would just watch the horses from a distance for a few minutes and then leave. Several of the horse were running over to the west side of the pasture where the trailers are kept. As Kid came up in the rear, I yelled his name but he didn't appear to hear me. I turned to head back to the barn and he actually followed me! I didn't expect him to but he did! I think he knows he belongs to me. He lets me hug him and kiss his sweet horsey nose.

I groomed him and tried a new bridle on him. He was so patient despite my probably pulling on his mouth. I couldn't ask for a more perfect horse.

I put Kid out when I left but he went back to the barn and just stood in front of the rope. Curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment