Sunday, October 25, 2009

My First Trail Ride

I went on my first big trail ride yesterday and it was wonderful! I pushed myself to ride in places I didn't think I would be able to do. I took pictures with the iphone and some are a bit wonky but they give you an idea of what we rode through.

One of the guys at the barn and his daughters riding ahead of us toward the gate.

A meadow on the east side of the property.

The new Cowboy stadium to the east. We are really high up.

Another meadow with cows. One of the wonky pictures but the hill is still mildly steep.

Riding into the trees.

The picture is blurry but is of a very rocky, narrow path I was uncomfortable going down. I got off Kid and walked while someone was nice enough to walk Kid down and then help me back on.

We are looking at the side of the property we entered on. I actually rode up that hill! You can tell how much lower we are on the west side.

The green grass below on the left is the land where the barn is.

The other hill I wasn't comfortable going down. After walking down it myself, I would be okay going down on Kid next time.



An old wagon at the bottom of the sandy hill we just went down.

The land where the arena and barn are.

An icky picture of me as we were riding down the shoulder of the rode to get back to the barn.

The new gate which has been set back from the road - yeah!











No comments:

Post a Comment