Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Are the 40 days and 40 nights almost up????

It's raining - again. I think we are supposed to get up to 3" today which means no riding tomorrow or probably even Friday. The ground is so saturated even the grass squishes. All the horses are tucked up in the barn all nice and cozy.

When I got to the barn after work today, I found out Kid had about a 4" gash on what I guess would be his lower flank (I'll take pictures tomorrow). He didn't seem to be in pain and let me groom all the parts as always. When I was done, he got more antiseptic spray put on the area. Apparently they had sprayed him earlier too. Both times he tried to kick with his hind leg but never made contact.

The barn was reorganized today with all the boarders on the east side and all the ranch horses on the left. Now if I want to get Kid to back in the corner it puts me on the wrong side - grrrrr. Oh well, we'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment